Designed for Recreational Applications
- 170A or 250A in a Small Case Package
- Up to 180A at Idle Speeds
- Patented Smart Ready® Technology
- Dual Fan Cooling, High Airflow Frame
- Ideal for Large Battery Banks
- USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 Certified
New XT-Series Alternators from Balmar bring together the latest innovations in alternator design to deliver incredible charging power in a compact, Marine-friendly package.
The New XT-Series Alternator family features a state-of-the-art, braided stator wire design to generate exceptional output in the smallest possible area. The XT-Series produces slightly more power than our previous AT-Series 165A design and operates 5o-10oC cooler. In addition, we’ve added Balmar’s Smart Ready® internal regulator technology to provide an additional level of fault tolerance for cruising boaters. Available XT-Series mounting styles have also expanded to include the “Vortec” 9Si design found on many GM gasoline engines.
XT-Series Alternators feature 96 slots – compared to 36 slots in a traditional S-wound stator – allowing the stator to develop superior electromagnetic energy and efficiency compared to traditional stator designs. The XT-170 and XT-250 are designed to deliver superior performance at idle speeds – up to 128A and 186A, respectively for 12V applications.
XT-Series Alternators may require a Tachometer Signal Stabilizer (Part No. 15-TSS) if your current tach is not adjustable. XT-Series Alternators should only be used in Dual Vee or Multi-Groove Serpentine belt configurations. Balmar’s growing range of AltMount® Serpentine Pulley Conversion Kits support all XT-Series Alternators.
Alternator Kit with
|170 A||5.2 HP||1-2″ Single Foot
If a Dual Vee or
| 3.15″ Dual Foot
|| 1-2″ Single Foot
|3.15″ Dual Foot
|4″ Dual Foot
(1) Kit includes XT-Series or AT-Series Alternator, Max Charge Regulator (MC-618-H) and Temperature Sensors (MC-TS-A, MC-TS-B).
(2) The XT-Series Alternator may require a Tachometer Signal Stabilizer (15-TSS) if your current tachometer is not adjustable.
(3) All Dual Foot Yanmar Kits include the 6-0020 Mounting Kit.
(4) Yanmar Common Rail and newer Volvo engines require the 61-0050K6 pulley.
(5) Yanmar 3YM engines require alternator part number XT-DV-170-K6-3YM