For WakeBoat and Inboard Gas Applications
- 170A & 250A in a Small Case Package
- Up to 180A at Idle Speeds
- Ideal for WakeBoat Electrical Loads
- Custom High Speed Bearings for Long Life
- Dual Fan Cooling, High Airflow Frame
- USCG Title 33, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 Certified
XT-Series Alternators from Balmar were designed with WakeBoat applications specifically in mind.
Over 60% of WakeBoat run times are at idle speed. Many high current electrical loads are engaged at idle, including ballast pumps, high-output stereo systems and multiple instrumentation loads. Standard alternators only produce about 30A-40A at idle speed, leaving these loads to be serviced by onboard batteries. Excessive draining causes battery sulfation and reduced lifetimes. Dealers report that AGM batteries which should last 5-7 years on these vessels are being replaced annually.
XT-170 and XT-250 Alternators produce over 120A and 180A, respectively at idle speed – ample power to service all electrical loads with power left over to top-off house batteries. The XT-Series pays for itself in reduced battery replacement costs in just one year!
Available XT-Series mounting styles are drop-in compatible for WakeBoat and other GM gasoline engine applications and include both 2“ Single Foot (Delco 11Si Style) and Vortec (Delco 9Si Style) designs.
|170 A||5.2 HP||1-2″ Single Foot (Case Ground)||XT-SF-170-IR||
K6 (2.4″ dia)
|1-2″ Single Foot (Isolated Ground)||XT-SF-170-IR-IG|
| Vortec (Case Ground)
|Vortec (Isolated Ground)||XT-VT-170-IR-IG|
|250 A||6.6 HP||1-2″ Single Foot (Case Ground)||XT-SF-250-IR|
|Vortec (Case Ground)||XT-VT-250-IR|
(1) These Alternators contain single stage, internal regulators and are not appropriate for use with Balmar’s multi-stage external regulators. Contact Balmar Tech Service at +1-360-435-6100 for more details.
XT-Series Alternator Datasheet